Friday, May 25, 2007

Radish parathas



Paratha is a food item that is popular in most of the Indian homes.
Delicious Stuffed Parathas make a wonderful breakfast or brunch.
But I am yet to master the art of making a perfect Paratha!
This is one of my attempts at making a Paratha.
And this is my 'R' entry for Nupur of One hot stove's, Indian vegetable series.

Ingredients-

For the dough-
3 cups wheat flour
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
water

For the stuffing-
1 big radish, grated
1 tsp ajwain
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp mango powder(aamchoor)
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt

Method-

Mix the flour,salt and oil and knead the dough using water.
Keep it aside for half an hour.

Add a little salt to the grated radish and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Then squeeze out the water nicely till it is completely dry.
(I used the squeezed out water from the radish for kneading the dough)
Then add the cilantro,chillies,ginger,mango pwdr,garammasala,ajwain,salt and mix well.
Divide the stuffing into 6-8 equal parts.

Divide the dough also into 6-8 parts.
Make a ball of one part and roll out a little.
Fill it with stuffing in the centre and roll out again to make a paratha.
Cook on a hot griddle putting oil or ghee on both the sides.

Serve hot with pickle or chutney.
I like to eat mine with curd. It tastes awesome.

8 comments:

FH said...

There will many Radish Parathas this week for R!!:))
I made the same!Looks great Neelam.

archana said...

This is my first time to your blog :)
Muli parathas are my favorite too especially in winters. I liked your blog name :)

Saju said...

your parathas look awesome, I love you blog too.

Suganya said...

This is looking nice....Nice recipe...I love it...

Sharmi said...

your Radish parathas look Awesome. you have a great blog too. will be back for more of your recipes.

Priyanka said...

hey neelam,
your parathas look tempting. a great job.

Anonymous said...

my kinda food...love radishs love parathas...combine them...one is in foody heaven...~grin~...thanks for sharing

Neelam said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!