Sunday, September 30, 2007

Corn Salad






Asha suggested to me that I must forward this recipe to Hima for her event of What's your Favourite with the theme of Diet Food this month. Thanks Asha.

So this is my contribution for the Diet Food event, Hima.

Corn salad has approximately-
200 calories
2 gms Total Fat
0 mg Cholesterol






Corn Salad is one of the easiest and likeable salad/ side dish/ snack.
It is very nutritious too.
It is also called as Corn Bhel.
I make this salad quite often.
You can make it using fresh corn or the frozen variety.
I always have some corn in my freezer, So I quickly make this as a snack in the evenings often.

To make Corn Salad you will need-
2 cups of frozen or fresh corn kernels
1 Onion
1 Tomato
1 Green Chilli
Juice of half a Lime
Half a cup Cilantro, finely chopped
Salt
1 tsp chaat masala pwdr

Method-
First of all, cook the corn in the microwave on high for 5 minutes.
You can also boil it in the pressure cooker.
For that, fill water in the bottom of the cooker, about an inch and place another vessel in the cooker with corn in it. so that the corn does not become too moist. And pressure cook on high for 5 minutes and then let the pressure drop on its own.

Chop onion, tomato and green chilli.
Mix these chopped veggies in the corn.
Add all the Chaat masala pwdr, salt and lime juice.
Garnish it with chopped Cilantro.
Serve it right away or it tastes great chilled too.

15 comments:

Viji said...

Neelam the salad is refreshing. Why don't you contribute something for RCI Tamil festival. Thanks. Viji

amna said...

looks delicious and healthy!

FH said...

Looks yummy.I love corn and beans salad. You could send this to Hima, she is doing light food this month!:))

Neelam said...

Thanks Viji, I will definately try to make something for RCI Tamil.

Neelam said...

Thanks Nags!

Neelam said...

Thank you asha I will do that!

Hima said...

That looks so yummy and healthy too. Thanks for sending it to me Neelam, will see you at round up.

Neelam said...

Thanks Hima, for accepting my entry...waiting for the roundup now!

Swaruchy said...

Nice salad Neelam......Corn and beans combo...will try it out this time :-)

Richa said...

that is one yummy yum snack :)
quick n soooo tasty!

Mansi said...

This looks great Neelam...I try making this as often as possible...great for diet:)

Sig said...

That looks delicious Neelam, it sure is a healthy snack...

Lissie said...

delicious corn salad! really healthy. thanks for visiting my blog!

TBC said...

Very healthy salad & very simple too. I make mine a little differently.

Rina said...

Thanks for that healthy snack, neelam.