Friday, June 15, 2007

Simple Sprouts salad


Sprouts are something that I love to eat! Moong, Matki, vatana, chana....I like all of them in the sprouted form! And we all know the benefits of eating sprouts. They are such a great source of valuable nutrients. And moreover they are just so easy to make and eat too!

In this simple sprout salad I have just used the 2 of my favourite sprouts-moong i.e green gram and matki i.e moath sprouts.

I soaked 1/2 cup moong and 1/2 cup matki overnight in water.
In the morning I drained off all the water and put the soaked moong and matki in a sieve and kept it covered near the stove to sprout. Generally keep the seeds to sprout in a warm place. You can also keep them in the oven with the light on to speed up the sprouting process.

After they were sprouted, I steamed them for just 5 minutes in the cooker.
And took them out and added 1 cup of finely chopped celery, onion and cucumber.
Then I put in salt, black pepper powder,red chilly powder, cumin powder and chaat masala powder.
I also squeezed the juice of half a lime on them and garnished them with cilanrtro leaves on top.

This simple salad can be had as breakfast or as an accompaniment with the main course.
You can also use different types of sprouts in this salad.
You can also add green, yellow and red peppers and tomatoes in the salad.
And eat it right away!




5 comments:

archana said...

Would love to have this healthy salad.Nice recipe :)

Anonymous said...

I do like moong sprouts...Jyostna makes em really nice and spicy...maybe I will share a recipe one day...your recipe looks really nice...thanks for sharing

Suganya said...

This is so healthy...Love the colour...

Neelam said...

Thanks Archana, Dilip and Sukanya.
Do try this recipe. It is simple and healthy.

Priyanka said...

Dear Neelam, I dont know if i left you a comment or not. I was travelling for the past 10 days. You have some really nice healthy recipes on your blog. I have still not made the pani puri- "puris" at home, but my mom has- so i am going to get the recipe and put it on the blog. Keep visiting.